THE GUA SHA BEAUTY RITUAL TO HONOUR TIME & CELEBRATE YOUR SKIN
Have you seen our beautiful Opal Stone Gua Sha? Here is the perfect opportunity to learn a little more about this facial ritual that will give radiance and vitality to the skin of your face (and your whole body)!
FIRSTLY, WHAT IS A GUA SHA AND HOW IS IT USED?
Gua Sha is a great addition to your daily beauty rituals. It is a traditional technique from East Asia and China, a true invitation to well-being, promoting the circulation and elimination of stagnant toxins accumulated in the body.
The key benefits?
- Improves skin firmness: this ritual stimulates collagen production and lifts, sculpts and plumps your face!
- Improves the flow of energy in the body
- Promotes lymphatic circulation and drainage
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
First of all, it is important to start this ritual on clean, well-oiled skin. The WILD GRACE Cleansing Oil + the Elixir Serum make the perfect duo for this step, but you can also select one of three serums from our collection, depending on your dominant skin dosha. Still don't know your Skin dosha? Click here to take our quiz and find out! Indeed, the Gua Sha ritual optimizes the absorption performance of the skin of the beneficial oils of our products, leaving you with a radiant and calm face.
WHY THE CHOICE OF OPAL STONE?
According to Chinese medicine, this stone supports the skin, kidneys, eyes, hair, and nails. It is particularly coveted for the emotional support it provides to the body and is often associated with eroticism, passion, love, and burning desire. Perfected over the centuries, this precious tool was built to have a firming and lifting effect on the skin.
Small note: Expect natural variations in the stones. Each Gua Sha is unique in its color and pattern.
THE STEPS OF THE GUA SHA RITUAL
- Apply 4 to 10 drops of your favorite WILD GRACE serum, so as to cover your face and neck.
- Warm-up your Gua Sha by rubbing it on each side between your hands.
- Sweep the upper neck: go around the spine upwards and work your way up from the base of the neck to the jaw on the right side.
- Sweep under your chin: brush your throat up to your chin.
- Sweep from the middle of the chin to the right ear, following the jawline.
- Sweep under your cheekbones, then over your cheekbones
- Gently sweep under your eyes.
- Sweep above the eyebrows: Follow an upward motion towards the hairline on the brow bone.
- Sweep upward between the eyebrows at the 3rd eye.
- Sweep from the middle of the forehead outward to the hairline.
- Switch to lifting sweep! Sweep upward, reshaping the jawline, cheekbones, all the way down to the temples and hairline.
- Finally: the big sweep. Sweep from the center of your right forehead below the hairline down to your temples, behind your ear to the base of your neck. Repeat several times, also taking the time to pass in front of your ear.
- Repeat the entire sequence on the left side.
SOME EXTRA TIPS JUST FOR YOU!
+ I suggest sweeping each area at least three times. For longer practice, swipe up to 10 times.
+ Keep your tool almost flat on your skin (around 15 degrees) rather than having the edge of the tool 90 degrees to your skin.
+ When your tool starts to drag or pull on your skin, add a little more oil to lubricate it.
+ Have fun experimenting with which side and shape of the tool best suit your face.
Contraindications of the Gua Sha ritual:
Do not do Gua Sha on fresh botox. Talk to the practitioner who injected you to find out when it is safe to perform a facial massage. Do not do Gua Sha on face fillers injections.
We hope that this article has given you the taste to try this wonderful ritual, which is so calming, as much for the skin as for the mind. Note that you will receive a free postcard of the ritual with your order, indicating in detail the Gua Sha sequence.
Make the most of the spring sun that is coming out, we all need it after this rather exhausting winter.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.