Kapha Tips to feeling Radiant!
How to feel more energized at this time of year.
A few Kapha Balancing easy tips to follow:
- Avoid processed sugars, oily &/ or fried foods & all dairy. These foods will congest the skin & make you feel sluggish.
- Combine foods with spicy, dry & pungent herbs that will stimulate agni (your digestive fire). Herbs like cayenne, cinnamon & black pepper are ideal options.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse & detoxify the skin & increase agni. You can even add a pinch of cayenne to your drink.
- Exercise. Cardio workouts are great for Kapha Types. Get things moving!
- Using a trampoline is a great way to get your lymphatic system moving and a reminder that we can have fun!
- Practice yoga that is flowing & heating. Bikram, Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga are ideal as well as rapid sun salutations & heart openers like Camel Pose & Fish Pose. Holding standing poses for a few minutes is also very beneficial to get the kapha flowing!
- Practice the art of letting go. Clean out your closet, let go of attachments that are weighing you down. Kpahas have a tendency to hold on to things and emotions.
- Perform self-massage daily with our WILD GRACE Kapha Body Oil to keep the skin activated & circulation pumping. Use brisk & firm movements when applying the oil to your limbs, and circular motions on your joints and abdomen.
Use our Kapha Skincare line morning & evening to experience the benefits of a line formulated just for you & your unique needs.
WHAT KAPHA SKIN LOOKS LIKE
Care for your skin:
Stimulate, warm, cleanse, invigorateThick
Quickly oily after cleansing
Cool and moist
Slightly oily skin
Excessively oily skin
Eruptions with itching and oozing
Swollen ankles and feet
Weight gain with water or formation of cellulite
Puffiness under the eyes
Deep “bumps”, cysts or tumors
Pale/white skin tone
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in WILD GRACE Blog
Some people say “have a great day.” Doesn’t this statement sounds like your day is based on luck or external factors? At Wild Grace, we believe in saying, “make it a great day.” This statement is based on internal factors—it is up to us to set our own intentions, be mindful and choose how we will think, feel and behave.
Foods that Support Skin Health
What you eat (and don’t eat) can greatly affect your overall health, including the health of your skin. If you want glowing, radiant skin, consider avoiding processed foods that are stripped of their nutrition and get back to basics with whole foods that are nutrient dense.
Did you know all natural Indian spices offer antioxidant-rich ingredients that you can use topically to optimize the beauty and health of your skin? The following spices can offer your skin a number of health benefits, plus beauty and the elimination of blemishes, for a price that won’t break the bank!