How to feel more energized at this time of year.
The end of winter (which is coming!) reflects more water in our landscape, and can also affect the workings of our inner landscapes. KAPHA dosha governs different physical and mental activities within us and is made of the water and earth elements. The end of winter and spring are known as the Kapha season whether you can experience build-up up of these elements within you and can express themselves in varying ways: lethargy, sluggishness, water retention, depression, feeling "stuck in the mud" etc...
Now let's take a look at how to prevent this from happening in the first place.
A few Kapha Balancing easy tips to follow:
- Avoid processed sugars, oily &/ or fried foods & all dairy. These foods will congest the skin & make you feel sluggish.
- Combine foods with spicy, dry & pungent herbs that will stimulate agni (your digestive fire). Herbs like cayenne, cinnamon & black pepper are ideal options.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse & detoxify the skin & increase agni. You can even add a pinch of cayenne to your drink.
- Exercise. Cardio workouts are great for Kapha Types. Get things moving!
- Using a trampoline is a great way to get your lymphatic system moving and a reminder that we can have fun!
- Practice yoga that is flowing & heating. Bikram, Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga are ideal as well as rapid sun salutations & heart openers like Camel Pose & Fish Pose. Holding standing poses for a few minutes is also very beneficial to get the kapha flowing!
- Practice the art of letting go. Clean out your closet, let go of attachments that are weighing you down. Kpahas have a tendency to hold on to things and emotions.
- Perform self-massage daily with our WILD GRACE Kapha Body Oil to keep the skin activated & circulation pumping. Use brisk & firm movements when applying the oil to your limbs, and circular motions on your joints and abdomen.
Use our Kapha Skincare line morning & evening to experience the benefits of a line formulated just for you & your unique needs.
WHAT KAPHA SKIN LOOKS LIKE
Care for your skin:
Stimulate, warm, cleanse, invigorateThick
Quickly oily after cleansing
Cool and moist
Slightly oily skin
Excessively oily skin
Eruptions with itching and oozing
Swollen ankles and feet
Weight gain with water or formation of cellulite
Puffiness under the eyes
Deep “bumps”, cysts or tumors
Pale/white skin tone
Try our WILD GRACE Kapha products to balance your Kapha dosha and start feeling energized!