If you haven't already noticed, a new product has been added to our growing WILD GRACE collection. This is the tongue cleaner (click here to go to the product page)! This is the first time you've seen this kind of tool and wondered how to use it? I give you all the details in this article, to answer all your questions ...
Why even clean your tongue?
Tongue cleaning, originally called jihwa prakshalana, is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that is often overlooked. However, it has many benefits, especially for our oral health, but also for the general health of our body, both physically and mentally. The mouth is indeed one of the main vectors in the body-mind and internal-external networks of the body. Thus, daily examination of the tongue, to check its color and texture, and the use of the WILD GRACE cleaner will help to eliminate bacteria and toxins (called ama in Ayurvedic practice) that slip into your mouth.
The key benefits?
- Reduces toxins (ama) and bacteria on the tongue that cause bad breath
- Strengthens the sense of taste
- Improves digestion
Short How-to guide
I invite you to consult our article "TONGUE SCRAPING FOR DETOXIFYING & MENTAL CLARITY BY CLICKING HERE!, which gives all the more technical details of this practice. However, here is a small rundown of how to use it.
Hold both ends of the tongue cleaner in both hands.
- Stretch your tongue so that it heaves forward. Then place the Ayurvedic tool on the surface of the tongue, as far back as possible.
- Gently advance the tongue cleaner to remove the unwanted coating, often whitish in colour.
- Repeat this action 3 to 5 times or until you are no longer removing layers and your tongue is fresh and clean. Rinse the tongue scraper with hot tap water between each pass.
- Finish your ritual by flossing and rinsing your mouth with a glass of lukewarm water to remove all impurities.
Be careful not to scratch your tongue too hard, the goal here is to remove the superficial residue that settles on your tongue throughout the day.
A few tips to get the maximum benefit from tongue scraping
- It is best to use your tongue cleaner in the morning on an empty stomach. I advise you to make this practice part of your morning routine, since daily use of the tongue cleaner gives better results, faster!
- For more benefits, add up to 10 additional movements to the ritual to further stimulate internal organs, promoting digestion and healthy elimination.
- Our tongue cleaner is made of copper. How to clean it? It's simple & natural: simply rub lemon juice on the surface of the tool, then rinse it with hot water and you'll see it glowing in no time!
Hoping to make you want to try this new Ayurvedic ritual, which will make all the difference for your oral health. If you have any further questions on the subject, please do not hesitate to contact me.